The academic version is a special version of RENDERLights, meant for personal, educational, and other non-commercial use.
It is aimed at students, teachers and other educationally related people interested in RENDERLights. It includes all the features of the commercial version of RENDERLights 1.5, offering you a chance to explore and learn the application fully while using it from the comfort of your own home. The download link and serial number will be sent to you, after your request has been processed, allow us 24 hours to comply with your request.
Please contact us using the contact form to request for an academic license!
Academic Version Restrictions and Terms:
- Academic licenses are intended to be used for studying, teaching, and “internally funded” graduate student research (i.e., student research funded at a low-level, typically using departmental funds) at academic institutions.
- Academic licenses are not intended for private or government research institutions or for “externally funded” research (i.e., sponsored research projects or research carried out by staff) at academic institutions. If you wish to use RENDERLights, on these types of research projects, you would need to purchase either a RENDERLights Professional or RENDERLights for SketchUP commercial license.
- Academic licenses cannot be used for consulting or other commercial purposes, without company consent. Please contact us if you need more information.
- If RENDERLights Academic is used to generate results which are published, we request that the RENDERLights team be acknowledged in the paper (and informed of the publication).
- If you are using RENDERLights in a substantial manner after four months, then we kindly request that you create a link to http://renderlights.com, anchored to the text phrase “Virtual reality software”. By “substantial”, we mean using RENDERLights actively in your teaching or research.
- To renew an Academic license, we ask you to provide a brief description of how you have been using RENDERLights, and if possible maintain a link back to RENDERLights from your website.
- RENDERLights Academic does not include technical support (although support is available via our user forum)
Academic licenses have a limited duration (typically 1 year), but it can be renewed. This software is meant for academic use only and is not available for individuals. Watermark: The Academic version displays a watermark in the editor as well as images rendered out to files.
Please fill and review the complete form and make any necessary changes, to ensure that the information you have entered is correct before submitting it. Once you have submitted the form, we encourage you to learn and utilize RENDERLights as much as possible. Please note that Academic license is for educational purposes.
Note: If you are just interested in demoing the program please select the correct reason for contacting